I have fun by looking at rocks. No really... I'm doing my masters on them. But no soft-sediment crap. That's scum hiding the good stuff. In Calgary since Jan 4, 2006. I am now 92.4% closer to the mountains I love.

Monday, July 24, 2006

more headlines

Hey yo. Big troubles getting into another fly camp; tons of fires around (weather hot and breezy), and then last night a massive electrical storm passed through due to the intense heat and humidity in the Okanagan. All the pilots are rushing about trying to insert crews and observe fires and carry buckets. Anyway, so we're debating what to do right now. This afternoon for the hell of it we may go whitewater rafting.

Anyway here's some headlines. I love the absurdity of the first one.
"firm trying to be more customer friendly" - perhaps you shouldn't sit there with a massive machine gun turret pointing at whoever's sitting across from you...

that's just cruel.
hmmm... "a guy named 'Beast'". Yeah, sounds trustworthy.


This explains a lot about mucky's.

That's it for now.

is anyone reading this anymore?

4 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

Of course we are... it's just the summer blog-lull. Readership is down everywhere... except for hatemail... I get some of that... but only from slightly demented religious zealots, so it's all good!

Best of luck in getting to the next fly camp.

8:02 AM, July 25, 2006

 
Blogger Thérèse said...

I second what Jenn said. And readership is wayyyyyyyyyy way down.

It's cause people wanna be outside. :)

12:55 PM, August 02, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if anon. here makes 900 dollars a month posting ads on personal Blogs on the internet....cause I could do that...

3:52 PM, August 05, 2006

 
Blogger Grumball said...

$900 per month is kids' money. If it's not $900 per hour I'm not interested.

5:18 PM, August 06, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home