I have fun by looking at rocks. No really... I'm doing my masters on them. But no soft-sediment crap. That's scum hiding the good stuff. In Calgary since Jan 4, 2006. I am now 92.4% closer to the mountains I love.

Monday, September 11, 2006

photo caption contest

the auto blog is up but I'm not giving out the address yet because the template is nothing like what I want it to be. The only post is an intro. I guess if you're really curious you could access it through my profile.

It was my birthday yesterday, and it was a relaxing day. The guys were thoroughly hungover from their camping trip, so were not up for partying. So instead we saw Crank. If you like the mindless action/violence genre, this is absolutely excellent. And in places totally hilarious. It's deliberately ridiculous at times, but that doesn't detract from the movie, on the contrary it's perfect. It's the same guy as the transporter movies (which I now have to watch) and from Snatch.

I have a class at two... it's glgy 707 for new grads: geology of western canada. Apparently it's very interesting, and it will be nice to meet some of the new grad students. So I gotta go to the bookstore for a clipboard and some looseleaf... very "back to school" of me.

By popular request (of Léon), I'm trying to come up with a new contest. It occurred to me that it could be a seinfeld-esque contest, but frankly I don't want to know about those things.

So instead we could have a photo captioning contest. This shot of Harper is rather good... points for wittiness and originality. I've decided to make this a regular feature of the blog, generally I'll use politicians, but any bizarre photo I come across could do. Feel free to send me ones (or links to ones) you feel could be fun.
Suggested caption to get you going:
Stephen Harper seeks US president George Bush, with whom he is playing a game of 'hide and go seek'.

or perhaps simply:
"Harper looks forward."

Results whenever I feel we've had as much response as we're going to get.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you must be at least this tall to ride the wave of ignorance and stupidity.

8:25 PM, September 14, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only legacy of Steven Harper: the left-handed 'pinky raise' salute.

8:31 PM, September 14, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the important part is the follow-through

8:38 PM, September 14, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Joe's first caption...you should award him the victory, its much better than the lame caption I was about to post...

2:19 PM, September 15, 2006

 
Blogger Grumball said...

Joe Wins!

see next post for details.

8:13 PM, September 18, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home