I have fun by looking at rocks. No really... I'm doing my masters on them. But no soft-sediment crap. That's scum hiding the good stuff. In Calgary since Jan 4, 2006. I am now 92.4% closer to the mountains I love.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

busy weekend

Between Thursday and Monday, I did the following:
  • Saw a comet (photo further down)
  • Fed a hare living under my deck (photo further down)
  • Went to a very good talk by Andrew Hynes, a prof from McGill who I could have worked with instead of coming here
  • Met Stephane Dion
  • Took someone on a date
  • Went skiing at Sunshine (without hitting a squirrel)
  • Watched all of the second season of The Sopranos in what free time I had
And the coming weekend looks busy too, since I'm going to see Trailer Park Boys live, and I have to do a lot of schoolwork.

As usual with photos, click for big.

Comet McNaught, from between the 9th and 10th floors of the Earth Sciences building. It's the light thing in the sky with a tail, in case you couldn't tell.

The new roommate. However, I haven't seen it around since Friday. I decided to name it Jonnie Tight-lips, due to watching too much Sopranos and Simpsons, and because it's not particularly conversational.

The view from my office on Friday. As with the other shots I've trimmed this down from my camera's 6 mpixel 1.334 ratio, just so that it uploads faster, and to remove irrelevant stuff. I use Irfanview to do this, cause it's simple and quick.

Time to prepare for my lab at 5pm.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys were close enough to the comet. We didn't get to see it in California. Lucky...

6:09 AM, January 17, 2007

 
Blogger shannon said...

BUNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!


p.s. get thy ass on msn and tell me about these dates, hmmmmm!

10:04 PM, January 20, 2007

 
Blogger Thérèse said...

HA! I've been watching the Sopranos too. First time. I'm on the first season, first disk.

This show is funny.

Also, I've arrived, I'm now in Calgary, where's my parade?

9:31 PM, January 24, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home