I have fun by looking at rocks. No really... I'm doing my masters on them. But no soft-sediment crap. That's scum hiding the good stuff. In Calgary since Jan 4, 2006. I am now 92.4% closer to the mountains I love.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

This says it all.


So 40% is a majority now eh? This gives the election a new twist.

The series is over. I promise that for now it will be relatively brief posts only. No more long anecdotes about almost dying in the mountains.

I got a cellphone. Most of you got the e-mail I'm sure. It's fairly expensive but not too bad considering it makes a regular phone plan superfluous.

TAing sucked today. Again I had no clue. There was one problem in particular that pissed me off. The text book and all websites (eg) say that a "zone axis" is a line in 3D to which a set of planes (crystal faces) are parallel. However, if you look on that website, there are three red faces in the second example there, and if you think about it there is no line that is parallel to all three. And the third, fouth, and fifth examples there all have faces that are clearly parallel to a vertical line, but are apparently in different zones. It's not the just website; the text and class notes say the exact same thing. Maybe they're using a new definition for "parallel" which means "not parallel".

I love the Top Gear tv show... I'm trying to download lots of them, but they're big and slow to download. Those guys are freaking hilarious. They argue about every car they show, making it really good for showing pros and cons of everything. They have their own test track and an anonymous test driver (ex racer) called "The Stig" who sets fast standard times with every car they review. This is a brilliant idea, and they have all the cars' lap times on a giant list on the wall. They also have ridiculous races like Ferarri vs Fighter Jet and Citroen vs pigeon. Please take a few minutes to watch this clip (80 mb wmv)... it is great and the car is insane! I want one so much! I have a few full shows and the brit humour is brilliant.

Ok I'm bloody tired and now going to beddy beddy beddy bedfordshire.

4 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

I AM AN ALIEN!... Either that or I'm John Merrick... HAHAHHAHAHA!

What the hell is 'Badger Watch', anyway??

Ok- I'm hooked... where do you find this show?!?!

4:39 AM, January 20, 2006

 
Blogger jenn said...

Hey! I just saw an awesome video/slideshow that for some reason I think you'd find really interesting...

go to www.seeasilverlining.blogspot.com

and check out the post titled "The Death of 2005"

watch the movie. It is oh-so-cool and I KNOW you've got more than enough photos to work with ;)

7:59 AM, January 20, 2006

 
Blogger Grumball said...

Badger watch is a somewhat pathetic British nature show. Some people are really concerned about the decline of the British badger. Who cares, badgers in general are very successful. And they're viscious nasty creatures to encounter too.

Thanks for the link, am about to explore!

3:59 PM, January 20, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM a badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM a badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger..........A SNAKE OOOOOHHHHH A SNAKE OHHHHHHH....badger badger badger.....

10:32 PM, January 20, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home