I have fun by looking at rocks. No really... I'm doing my masters on them. But no soft-sediment crap. That's scum hiding the good stuff. In Calgary since Jan 4, 2006. I am now 92.4% closer to the mountains I love.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Geology parties are always fun


Hey y'all!

Went to a geo grad party last night. It was great we drank lots of beer and tequila and somehow I wasn't hung over. The Calgary transit system is not bad either, it was pretty easy to look up what bus to take from what C-train station to get there, I just wish the buses ran after midnight. The C-train does, but the last bus I needed to get was at 00:01, kinda early. We played darts on the brand new dartboard in the newly refinished basement, and put several lovely little holes in the newly painted wall. I, thankfully, was not one of those that hit the wall. No I just broke two brand new darts. Seriously... threw them at the board, hit near to the bullseye both times, and the tips broke because I hit the metal band around the outer bullseye.

Shoot! I just realised I've missed the ultimate frisbee game I said I'd go to last night. Oh well it wasn't clear which team I'd play for or anything, and I suspect most of them will have forgotten anyway. But dammit I would really have enjoyed that!

Nothing else to say today... soon a template change for the blog... I want one of my own pics to be the background for the title etc. (eg shot above... one of the best of my 2000+ europe pics, this one's from the Isle of Mull in Scotland.)

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

I look forward to the update! I'm working on one myself... it'll be brilliant if I can ever get the pic to format the way I want it to... I'm currently giving myself a crash-course in photo editing to see what I can do...

8:02 PM, January 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home