I have fun by looking at rocks. No really... I'm doing my masters on them. But no soft-sediment crap. That's scum hiding the good stuff. In Calgary since Jan 4, 2006. I am now 92.4% closer to the mountains I love.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday fun

It's Friday and that's awesome. I have a meeting with a supervisor at three (15 min from now) and I'll be heading to the grad lounge at 5 for beer and dinner, and beer. I decided not to replace my blogger photo with the one from the previous post because I look like I'm about to murder you all, and also because the photo needs to be much much smaller for blogger to allow it, and I'm a lazy lazy man.

Please take five minutes of your day to laugh and relieve tension. Here's a python sketch I'd never seen/read before to help you. God it's funny.

In brilliant awesome news I got my nserc grant and will likely get a nicer apartment for next year. No car though, I did some math and discovered many things to convince me it's not worth it. Even considering the fact that a car would be more to me than just transportation.

Time to roll the rim...

Damn. Only one win so far this season: a donut.

I have discovered the terrific joys of "three cheeses" pasta.. you know it's like pasta containing cheese. Chiefly my love of these things stems from how much they facilitate laziness, here are the instructions:
1) Obtain pot.
2) Obtain water, place in pot.
3) Place pot on stove ring, apply maximum power.
4) When water boiling, place pasta in pot.
5) Wait 5 minutes or so... or whenever they taste right.
6) Eat like a starved madman.

You may well say that these instructions are very similar to your regular pasta cooking instructions, but yet... out of the same amount of work you get a full meal, not just part of one.

These are almost as easy as the canned stews and soups I so enjoy. Perhaps soon I'll combine the two meals into one awesome feast, at little expense of my valuable slacking time.

Should be 6 degrees and sunny tomorrow. This calls for biking.

Cheers mates!

10 Comments:

Blogger León said...

hi there..!!

Greetings from Mexico.

I wish you could publish another contest...

Have a nice day.

3:46 PM, March 24, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, As part of some work I'm doing for a client, I need to talk to people who are interested in Cycling and who often search the web for related information. The research is mostly based around keyword ('ladies bike' for example) selection. I've contacted people using ladies bike but I need to contact more. Can you suggest where else to look?
TIA

6:48 AM, March 25, 2006

 
Blogger Grumball said...

Another contest? With pasta as a theme? hmmm I'll definitely give it some thought. I do enjoy pasta.

Anon - Wow it's hard to tell how genuine this is or if it's an ingeniously subtle ad for the website you link to... but to answer your question, no. I've actually never searched the web for bike-related info. Never had cause to. Nor am I a member of any bike-related forum either. Your English is pretty good though, which is why I took this time to respond.

2:47 PM, March 25, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Graham, I'll still love you when you get fat off your processed cheesy noodles.
Although… you may just be storing fat for a season in the mountains… hhmm… in which case: Brilliant idea!
P.S. I love your blog, because it’s not my thesis.

8:18 PM, March 26, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember the best band name ever competition???? here are some strange ones that i found online that have been used....some are quite funny

Skilled Homicide Harmony
The Frown Squad
!!! (pronounce that!)
All your Blood
Nuclear Zeitgeist
Pi Eating Contest
Marvin's toes
Decimal Metaphor
5445 North park drive Community Vigilance & restoration Commitee
Uncle toast

and my favourites

Stab the Bishop
Dr tickle and the Forever Bears
Taod the Wet Sprocket


these are irrelvant, but amusing....so am I....woooooo!!!!

8:14 PM, March 28, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting the nserc! I'm sorry you can't spare the money for a car. Maybe you should rob a bank. I'm sure bikes make good getaway vehicals. Ahhhh who am I kidding...I'll be the bank robber, you just wait. Wait for the mysterious gifts of cash...

10:49 PM, March 28, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

..and by the way, I, unlike neesha, will not still love you when you get fat off your processed cheesy noodles. In fact, my love is in proportion to 1/(your weight), with nothing at all producing infinate amounts of love. So either I love nothing at all or it doesn't take anything for me to love you. You decide. Actually this is starting to sound a little homo-erotic (that's "gay" for you uncouth types), so I'd best quit my word-play before someone gets the wrong idea.

11:04 PM, March 28, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grum, when did you ever use "ladies bike"?....Is there something your not telling us???? and by sending you mysterious shipments of cash (proceeds of theft) does Joe mean them as gifts, or is he just getting you to launder the money....I'm confused

6:13 AM, March 29, 2006

 
Blogger Grumball said...

well apparently it's not readily apparent from my display pic that I'm a guy, so since I mention biking this person clearly assumed I spend 99.674% of my web time at the site "ladies bike". I haven't, in actuality, been to this site, even since it was posted here... and I will fight to the ends of the Earth anyone who tries to force me to see it. RE money laundering: it's easy, just throw it in the washing machine. What... you thought I was making a bad joke?! No, no, no, it's just that the cops never look there. Think about it... whenever you watch a tv show or anything where there's cops investigating someone's house, do they ever look in the laundry machines?

PS Joe, since my laundry facilities are shared with my roommates, you can just hide the cash in a drainpipe, or perhaps under a patio block at the side of my house. Or just give me the account info at an anonymous swiss bank.

5:22 PM, March 29, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would give you the account info for the anonymous swiss bank, but I can't seem to remember the name of it...

9:51 PM, March 29, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home