I have fun by looking at rocks. No really... I'm doing my masters on them. But no soft-sediment crap. That's scum hiding the good stuff. In Calgary since Jan 4, 2006. I am now 92.4% closer to the mountains I love.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Strangeness

For some reason I am still forbidden to view my blog. Why does the system hate me? Thus I'm still unable to review the suggestions from the parental advice thing... forgive me please!

I just watched the Swedish rally from last month, downloaded through bittorrent, of course. It was terrific, with some incredible driving and an awesome race for third between an Italian and a Swede (fighting for his first podium finish ever, and on home turf too). It was a rally through snow and ice, and saw a fair few wrecks and rolls, but as usual nobody was injured. It's always hilarious, though, when on the onboard camera they bleep out the swearing in languages I've hardly ever heard spoken, like Finnish.

[Car heading for bend at high speed.]
Navigator: "Haank eratlooonefsn, derrrptnoorkt..."
[Car enters bend too fast, the tail catches the snowbank during the slide and spins the nose in, the car flips onto it's roof, breaking all the windows, and slides through the deep snow. The navigator is almost buried, upside down, in snow that flies in.]
Navigator: "ka-funmkee stoghllllenna torrristooonten!"
Driver [fiddling with fuel cut-off]: "BLEEP!!! Herrasuuma flornsch!!! BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!"

Then I tried to watch the Bahrain Grand Prix race, also downloaded last night. Unfortuately the version I acquired is not the typical production with the british announcers which is at the very least understandable, if not always the most scintillating reporting. No, I somehow got a version in portuguese, which I cannot understand a word of. I catch a driver's name every now and again but I have to rely on the ticker/pop-up info, which is in english (must piss of the portuguese viewers), to understand who's in what position or who just spun off. After about five minutes it had pissed me off enough that I just skipped to the end and watched the last lap. The Honda team is my favourite, even though they probaby won't win this year. They have Button, the young skilled Brit, and Barichello, talented but generally always overshadowed by Schumacher during his last seasons with Ferrari. On Sunday he didn't do well, finishing 15th. Button was fourth. Kimi Raikkonen was third, Schuey was 2nd, and Alonso won it.

Anyway, my 20-ish knights are seeking those that would lock me out of viewing my site, and will commit horrible deeds against them unless they unblock it. In more reasonable parts of my mind... it has occurred to me that if I get 403'ed, it's very likely that you all do as well. Therefore, at the moment, this post is pointless.

meuh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nonsense...I can read it just fine! Happy Irish Day you Brit!

7:07 PM, March 17, 2006

 
Blogger jenn said...

hahaha- no 403s here- it's just you! Happy to see you up and running again.

3:59 AM, March 20, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home