I have fun by looking at rocks. No really... I'm doing my masters on them. But no soft-sediment crap. That's scum hiding the good stuff. In Calgary since Jan 4, 2006. I am now 92.4% closer to the mountains I love.

Monday, March 13, 2006

For details read previous. To save time read this one.

The famous "Via Appia" was of course known in the army as the "Appia Pipe."

If you get that joke, let me know. I bet none of you will.

In other news, the previous post was way too long. Here's a nice short recap:

I got drunk on Friday night at several venues.
I went skiing on Sunday at the most awesome ski hill ever.
Today I used the electron microprobe.
Plus other rubbish about auto racing games.

As a followup: NFS Most Wanted sucks for physics model. As such I bought the xbox (no, not the 360), with Forza motorsport, and a wheel. I'd rather have material goods than a slightly higher number in TD bank's computers.

Cheers mates!

7 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

Abny luck finding downloads of Sunday's race? FYI, a newbie to keep an eye on will be Nico Rosberg. He's the twenty-one-year-old son of the famed Keke Rosberg (1982 F1 champ). Sunday was his debut in F1 (for Williams, no less) and he kicked some serious ass for a rookie. Very exciting. ;)

Hope Forza is all that you hoped it would be.

6:22 AM, March 14, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:44 AM, March 14, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Grum (Graham)

What about the parental Advice Contest?

Have a good day.

4:44 PM, March 14, 2006

 
Blogger Grumball said...

oh yeah... I forgot. Results soon. Too busy right now.

10:52 AM, March 15, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes....what was so foul and innapropriate in one of the responses that it had to be deleted by a site administrator? Also, i was on the Via Appia last summer, but I don't get your joke...in fact, I think it makes it even more confusing...you should give up on the geology jokes (if that is what it is) and stick to something more mainstream, like jokes about farts, minorities, and women's underwear. If you can combine all 3 I'll buy you a sandwich.

yours
The exceptional Mr Terrific

3:23 PM, March 15, 2006

 
Blogger jenn said...

Ok... I think I understand why it was known as the "pipe", but I don't get why it's funny... which prolly means that I don't REALLY get it... do explain?

7:20 PM, March 15, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Appian Way (Latin: Via Appia) was an important and quintessential Roman road. The "appia pipe" joke is funny because if you have
a) an English accent, and
b) a mind like a sewer,
it sounds a bit like "up-your-pipe", which in army language is likely to mean "up-your-bum".

Mr. Grumball is evidently a fan of the highly esteemed Goon show.

Caesar was stabbed in the Appian way... and that's a very nasty way to be stabbed.
No he wasn't, he was stabbed in the Senate..... and that's even nastier.

8:03 AM, March 24, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home