I have fun by looking at rocks. No really... I'm doing my masters on them. But no soft-sediment crap. That's scum hiding the good stuff. In Calgary since Jan 4, 2006. I am now 92.4% closer to the mountains I love.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

I republished my entire blog and now I can see it all again. Although apparently none of you had any trouble with it. Weird.

Finally, the results of the parental advice suggestions:

Best one ever: "Don't be freeze until you see penguins." (translated from Spanish)
Although she didn't credit herself I believe it's Tobin. So congratulations!
Runner up: "Never pee on an electric fence."
From Jenn. This is of PARAMOUNT importance, especially to us guys. Thank you Jenn, I will never be able to look at an innocuous wire fence the same way again.

Took this picture of me recently to replace my current one for the blog. In order to get it online I'm just gonna post it here. I'm not a fan of "hello" or whatever. The "camera in the mirror" style is Travis'. I may replace it though, because I look absolutely furious about something. And I've had a haircut.

This weekend rocked; we went drinking for Patty's day, and last night went to see V for Vendetta. Please see it, it was awesome. Then we can discuss Orwellian control structures and governance, and how best to avoid them as a society. Hugo Weaving is brilliant.

Cheers mates!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The value of Orwellian control structures of governance are of debatable value depending on who the government is...perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if there were a small core of enlightened elites who know what is best for society...but who among us would be qualified for such an important role????? Hmmmmmm??????

6:52 PM, March 19, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah, they don't know what they're talking about Gfunk. I haven't been able to get at your blog all week! Glad to have it back.
And goodness... I don't type/speak/talk nearly as fancy as your other friends... but I love rocks... so I win!

9:33 PM, March 19, 2006

 
Blogger Travis said...

Whoa i just saw v for vendetta too, i second the go see it vote..

10:04 PM, March 19, 2006

 
Blogger León said...

hello-hello

The one who posted "Don't be freeze until you see penguins" is not Tobin.

I'm a friend of Tobin, I found your blog so i decided to post you a comment on "parental advice contest" ...

So i won... yooohooo!!!
am i goin' to get something? (kiddin')

My real name is León.
I'm from Oaxaca,México.
I'm not sure about my English,but i try.
Have a good day.

12:32 AM, March 20, 2006

 
Blogger Grumball said...

Shaggz - Me, my friend, me. Oh and maybe you. But you have to assume the role of apprentice. As I will assume the mantle of "Dark Lord of the Sith".

Nesha - yeah it was dead for a while there. Apparently they had a server crash and had to replace it, and moving all the files took a couple of days.

León - My apologies! I merely assumed it was Tobin since she is the only person I know who speaks Spanish (well). Your English seems fine to me... congrats for winning!

1:58 AM, March 20, 2006

 
Blogger Grumball said...

scandinavian perhaps? No... Maybe it's the welsh blood coursing through my veins. (there's lots of it).

3:14 PM, March 23, 2006

 
Blogger shannon said...

awww AWWWWWW AWWWWWWWWW grahammmm!!

<3 <3 <3

Sorry, I just got a little excited to see you :D

9:49 PM, March 23, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home