I have fun by looking at rocks. No really... I'm doing my masters on them. But no soft-sediment crap. That's scum hiding the good stuff. In Calgary since Jan 4, 2006. I am now 92.4% closer to the mountains I love.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Dear Friends,

Not happy about election. Maybe now would be the time to go see Harper at his campaign headquarters, the morning after. Probably could get some nasty passed-out drunk or hangover pictures. Those would look good on the cover of the Globe. National Post wouldn't publish them. But before he takes charge and we are plunged into a dark age of decay, I will do what three of my friends have done (here, here, and here) and make a Valentine checklist. See how eligible you may or may not be with this list!

(250 pts) Gin-yew-aaane livin' breathin' female!

(10) not put off by my youth. It doesn't mean I'm not mature or experienced in life.

(10) doesn't smoke

(10) not a picky eater

(15) geologist
(10) other scientist
(5) not in science but has at least an interest in science

(10) intelligent

(10) generally happy, optimistic

(5) like hiking

(5) like camping

(5) like travel

(10) like to combine all three

(5) not vegetarian

(10) sing/play a musical instrument

(5) willing to try new things (foods, activities)

(5) tall but not taller than me

(5) like to read books

(10) not tee-totaler (anti-alcohol)

(10) does not keep a rat/dog in her purse, or have any compulsion to do so.

(5) not addicted to shopping or the mall

(5) Does not agree with me on every issue

(10) natural redhead
(5) natural brunnette

(15) find Monty Python hilarious

(10) know what you want to do with your life

(5) truly excited by the prospect of a long trip by bike/kayak/foot

(5) not put off by my addiction to loud angry music

(5) know what a Bugatti Veyron is, and what makes it special. OR know the difference between inline, boxer, V, and flat engine layouts. 5 bonus points if you know both.

(5) willing to listen (or at least suppress rage) while I talk on and on about that kind of crap

(10) Not overly religious (i.e. not out to convert me)

(10) capable of slacking without fretting about stuff that needs to get done

(10) capable of effectively communicating wants/needs in straightforward english

(5) not put off by my terrible memory

(10) not overly concerned with money, i.e. is not prerequisite to happiness, or measurement of success.

That's it. Not too bad eh? If you like, post a comment with your score out of 500 (credit for this system goes to Travis).

Cheers!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I get around 250 points by that system, depending on what color my hair is. If I am the most eligible so far, then I suggest you either increase the amount of points for the first question until I am no longer in the running, or completely overhaul your personality.

Just kidding.

3:47 PM, January 24, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I scored 15 points lower than Joe since i am blonde, so i guess you and I are not meant to be......I too am dissapointed by election but am pleased since I became drunk watching it on TV.......I figure as long as we are conservative though, we might as well wage a war of aggression on a small defenseless country while we have the chance......just a thought

4:36 PM, January 24, 2006

 
Blogger Grumball said...

Now is the time of Canadian rising. We will now visciously take Hans island back and wage terrible war on the Danes for their insolence in the face of our great nation. I like how the White House spokesman Scott McClellan has already referred to Harper's government as a "regime".

I'm thinking of making the first question worth 750 pts, and then its all out of 1000.

Joe's still winning though.

5:31 PM, January 24, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

graham.. i got 435 pts. looks like i beat joe and steve and therefore are your valentine.

are you having fun out there in conservative alberta? how's the crystallography treating you?

6:29 PM, January 24, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was horrible grammar
therefore, i AM your valentine... sorry. minus 5 points for being a grammar freak

6:30 PM, January 24, 2006

 
Blogger jenn said...

Hmmmm... I only got 955. You win, Sarah (if only I'd stayed with science!).

9:26 PM, January 24, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Grum! Its Roxy! :) I got 447 points! or 442 depending on whether you consider a psychologist a scientist or not. Seems like I'd make a pretty good Valentine! Or a good stalker! Bet you didn't know I've been checking up on you via your blog! hehe!

12:26 AM, January 25, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Graham. I got 950, so it looks like Sarah is still your Valentine.
:)

9:25 AM, January 25, 2006

 
Blogger Thérèse said...

Ok, I'd like to know how my score ended up being -4.

Really though.

1:28 PM, January 26, 2006

 
Blogger shannon said...

I am totally not your valentine since I hate meat, chopping things, going outside, etc, but I still heart you!!!

6:14 PM, January 29, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

415... not too shabby...

9:19 PM, January 31, 2006

 
Blogger Grumball said...

Current Standings (corrected those not out of 1000):
Thérèse: -4
Steve: 235
Joe: 250
Kristy: 915
Jill: 935
Roxy: 947 (psyc definitely is a science)
Chelsie: 950
Jenn: 955
Sarah: 970

Note: Shannon never posted a score.

Congrats to Sarah for her impressive score. On the 14th you may send me chocolate, flowers, or a car (preferably with the prefix "italian super-").

Thanks to all for playing!

11:42 AM, February 03, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home