I have fun by looking at rocks. No really... I'm doing my masters on them. But no soft-sediment crap. That's scum hiding the good stuff. In Calgary since Jan 4, 2006. I am now 92.4% closer to the mountains I love.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Revolutions within grum's mind, and Ranier Wolfcastle.

To my complete horror I've started to become bored with the whole concept of video games, and I think I've worked out what's going on. When I have any work to do at all, video games have typically been a terrific escape. Now that I have nothing to do, ironically, my gaming motivation is weakened. It's catch-22! When I want to play games I haven't got as much time to waste, and when I do have the time I don't feel like playing! Actually that's not strictly accurate because I spend the time anyway, when I have work to do. In fact I make more progress in a video game around exam times than any other times. Suddenly I look forward to gaming when I'm supposed to be studying more than anything. Oh sure I'm playing games now, I've got loads, but I have lost the motivation to really progress, to get really far in challenging bits, in a lot of games. In fact I bought Knights of the Old Republic II (I loved the first one so much) like two weeks ago, and actually haven't even opened the box.

Ok enough mourning the loss of my gaming motivation. I'm sure it's temporary, and will return when the workload increases. Here's some of my favourite memories of Ranier Wolfcastle (please remember the accent. except in the first one where he's a kid):

[singing to oscar meyer tune] "My bratwurst has a first name, it's f-r-i-t-c, my bratwurst has a second name, it's s-c-h-n-a-c-k-e-n-b-f-e-f-f-e-r-h-a-u-s-e-n-..." fade out

[stand up comedy]
"Have you eva noticed how men always put the toilet seat up?... That is joke."
random: YOU SUCK MCBANE!!!
[Wolfcastle goes insane and attacks the audience with heavy weaponry]

James Lipton: Welcome back to Inside the Actor's studio. We've met Rainer Wolfcastle. Now, can we meet...McBain?
Ranier:Let me get into character. (concentrates, but when he speaks, he doesn't look or speak differently) Okay, I'm McBain. (audience applauds and Rainer pulls out two handguns) All right, Mendoza! I'll give you the Maxwell circuit if you put down my daughter!
Lipton:Very nice. (Ranier shoots him twice) It's a pleasure...to eat your lead... good sir.

Ok I'm done for today.

6 Comments:

Blogger Thérèse said...

The first law of gaming:

The desire to play games is directly proportional to the availability of the game player.

It's true, you know. I mean, I know. The Nofriendo is most appealing when I'm really REALLY busy.

6:42 AM, February 02, 2006

 
Blogger jenn said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- you got your first spammer!!!

Therese is absolutley right, tho. There is definitely an inverse relationship between the two. Thus, when the shit starts to come down in the Fall (or on your hiatuses from the field) the longing to game will no doubt re-emerge stronger and better than ever.

8:53 AM, February 02, 2006

 
Blogger Grumball said...

That bastard is a digga.. a digga... a digga-digga-digga-digga-deleted!!!
And should he return he may feel welcome to comment on the blog. But no effing adverts please. Or I'll turn on moderation which would be more work for me, but would allow me to moderate his ass outta here. Or maybe I'll just complain to the admins. Also I dare him to come to Calgary and try to sell me shit to my face.

3:24 PM, February 02, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...what... did I miss something? Someone posting ads on your blog? Hahahahaha, that's crazy! I wonder if they realised how much traffic grum's blog generates though. If not, I would like to suggest that they invest in the Super-Amazing-Ultimate "Trafricounter" service. For just $500 a month, we will pay starving African children to look over the shoulders of every single person using a computer and report back when they visit Grum's blog! This system not only avoids the hassle of spyware and hacking, but it also gives starving children something to do other than pose for World Development Fund commercials. So sign up today and relax in the total comfort of knowing that soon you will have a fat-free, high-fibre, biodegradable, value-added list of numbers.

11:31 PM, February 02, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are bored of video games?! IMPOSSIBLE!!!! You just aren't playing the good ones. Go get Psyconauts, or Deus Ex (1), or Grim Fandango, or Rayman 2, or Fallout, or Indigo Prophecey.. or...so many options...oh, and before I forget.... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have KOTOR II and you haven't even opened the box???? ok, let me give you some advice... OPEN THE BOX! OPEN THE BOX!! OPEN THE BOX!!! OPEN THE BOX!!!! OPEN THE BOX!!!!!!!!
...now play. Or, if you refuse, send me your comp and KOTOR II, and I'LL play

11:49 PM, February 02, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://juvoninocy.dreamstation.com/ewybysi.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

11:51 AM, December 17, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home