I have fun by looking at rocks. No really... I'm doing my masters on them. But no soft-sediment crap. That's scum hiding the good stuff. In Calgary since Jan 4, 2006. I am now 92.4% closer to the mountains I love.

Friday, April 14, 2006

to: complaints department, universe administration.

Dear sir/madam/alien:

I wish to lodge a complain in the strongest possible terms regarding the intolerable treatment of myself over the last four or five Earth-days, by life in general. There is no particular sentient being to which my pains can be attributed or upon whom my vengeance can be exacted. I therefore demand compensation from the universe in general.

I demand no vast sums of resources or capital, but rather that: my right wrist, knuckles, and knee stop hurting, my bike be fixed before I go 600 km away for 4 months, my dinner cook itself, my two papers write themselves, and my ability to sleep be returned to me. Also I would like to regain the time lost today marking lab-midterms for nine straight hours (hence the damage to my right hand), preferably by having time slow down for the Earth hours of 12:00 am to 10:00 am tomorrow, April 15, 2006, to allow me to regain some of the countless lost hours of sleep from the last week.

Thank you and for fuck's sake hurry up.

Grumball.

P.S. If you feel like writing a master's thesis in metamorphic petrology, I could really use one on the metamorphism and structure of the Soards Creek area, BC.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Graham Spray (species: human; location: Earth; call number 266C783 X17 98240 GGH9)

Dear Sir

Thank you for your information. Your complaint has been registered and is ready for processing. Your case reference number is T6 &*76YRRRT 335467892223234578219012. Your request has also been registered and is ready for processing. Your case number is T9 &*76YRRRT 33547854623216893758745. Notification of response to your complaint and request will be issued within 64 000 earth years of this star date. For more information please contact our nearest information bureau
on Alpha Centuri.

Thank you for your understanding.We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely

Complaints Processing Department, Univeral Headquarters, Fifth Dimension

*This is an automated message, do not respond*

10:59 PM, April 14, 2006

 
Blogger jenn said...

You guys crack me up.

Since it seems unlikely that the Universe will be responding to your complaint any time soon, perhaps it's time to seek other sources of relief.

I do hope the papers find a way to write themselves and the marking is done by faeries in the night (you've heard the story of the cobbler and the elves, right?) And as for the bike, perhaps there's a sock goblin nearby with excellent mechanical skills and a purloined toolkit.

8:12 PM, April 15, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Other sources of relief, Jenn? Careful there Grum. Hiring prostitutes, joining a cult, and renting a helicopter always sounds like a good idea, but I think you'll be happier in the long run if you stick with what you know. That's right, change is terrible. Don't change anything, ever. Especially your clothes and....diapers.

Thank goodness I'm here to tell you these things.

1:07 AM, April 19, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home